Saturday, December 6, 2008

"Are you kiddin' me?"

Cy's new nemesis that only lasted 5 minutes.
There are a few conversation lines that I love hearing Jed say. One of them is: "Are you kiddin' me?" He says it like he's actually expecting an answer and then it's usually followed by his funny shoulder raising laugh. This line is used quite often with Cy. This event was no different.
As I previously mentioned, Cy is climbing out of his bed. But the best part of the story is that he can also open doors. Whether it be the bedroom door, bathroom door or in this picture the hall closet, it has become quite a problem. This closet contains all the kids coloring and art supplies. After a few break-ins and break-outs, Jed decided it was time to put the safety things on the door knobs. Ironically, we didn't have to use these with the other kids. Apparently, "No" just doesn't mean a whole lot to this kid. You would think this new device would deflect most kids from processing. Cy, on the other hand, just saw it as a challenge. The safety knob lasted maybe a good 5 minutes against Cy. Once Cy got it off, he put it back together and instantly it was a ball. Maybe it was the hereditary A.D.D. in him that distracted him from actually opening the door but he took his new ball and went to play ball without bothering the art supplies. Either way, we didn't have clean up so I think the parents won this on.

5 comments:

Kemp Kuties said...

Seriously? Is there anything Cy can't do?

Kristen Hart said...

Hey guys! Your babies are so adorable! My friend and I started a pop duo and we have a music myspace.. you should check it out...

http://www.myspace.com/iheartsweettooth

There will be new music up in the next couple weeks and new photos will be there tomorrow!

I am hoping to come visit soon!!!

Love ya

Spence and Car said...

are you kiddin me? cy is so funny...i can just hear his bare feet slapping the hard wood floor as he runs away.

ShOrt StoRy said...

Hi Jed and Joanna!
I don't know how I got to your blog but I am Sure GLAD I did!!! I love Cy, my son and him should be buddies!!!
Anyways, I want to keep checking your blog to see what's up with your family if that's ok?!
Hope all is well!
Chelsea

mickisha said...

Oh Jo! I am so happy to know that I am not the only one with an extremely hyperactive overachiever child! My day consists of many events just like this (thankfully she hasn't bit anyone yet:)) I relate to the OCD thing too:) Needles to say we need to get together and commisserate, see you soon:)