Saturday, December 6, 2008

This never would have happened to my dolls!


Anyone who played dolls with me (Roo and Car) when we were younger, will testify that I was obsessive about how MY dolls were treated. I really didn't care what happened to other people's dolls (sorry Car). In fact, I often encouraged giving dolls make-overs. This usually involved hair-cuts, permanent make-up with maker, etc. My barbies were well maintained, always dressed and some kept in original boxes. I know, I was a crazy kid with major case of OCD. One generation later, this is my Reese. It's safe to say Reese does not possess any of barbie fanatic traits. She is the other extreme. Reese likes to color on her dolls, pull their legs off, sometimes I even find them decapitated! To my horror, this is how I found Reese...there was not many barbies left who hadn't been affected. FYI: I let Reese have her fun but I have to admit, I immediately fixed all of them and put them back in their original clothing (I know, I haven't overcome the intense need for them to look perfect!).

4 comments:

The Brown's said...

maybe reese is going to be a surgeon? hahaha

Jodi said...

I often think that I have things ruff with my kids being a handful...sista now I know that you have me beat 10 fold. Its got to be the Chrisman in them haha. Such cute kids.

Kemp Kuties said...

If Reese were your sister growing up, you would have charged her 25cents for each barbie leg, arm, head she pulled off...she'd have been broke!

Spence and Car said...

maybe she likes putting the pieces back together?? maybe she needs a puzzle or something. ps i agree with mandas comment...i would have been banned for from playing with your dolls for life. funny! im so glad you are blogging! if you ever don't have time remember this is how i smile each day..cause i still get to see your cute kids.