Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Gage's "twin" toes

Most people have 10 toes, some 11 (never known anyone with 11 but I'm sure they are out there). But according to Aunt Jessi, Gage has 8 toes. Gage is very unique because he has webbed toes. It sounds gross, but they are so cute. He recently discovered what he has termed, "his twin toes." He doesn't know he is different and he doesn't care. But someday when asked, "what is something that you have and no one else does?" His response can be his webbed toes.

Jed and I were told that Gage had webbed toes when he was in-utero; when he was born the pediatrician said he could snip his toes (at the same time as snipping his you-know-what). Well, when his toes were less than 2 cm long they didn't appear that webbed. However, the bigger he gets the more obvious it is. Grandpa Chrisman says he'll run faster, "ducks have webbed feet & you can't ever catch a duck." You can tell Reese's toes are jointed together (is that how to describe it?) but they aren't webbed through the digits.

So, here's to the webbed-toe Chrisman kids. Cy is exempt from this trait and it has yet to be detected on Baby Peanut. I know some of you are not feet/toe people so good luck enduring these pictures. FYI Ashton so-hot Kutcher also has webbed toes.

Gage's "Twin" Toes

Reese's Toes

7 comments:

Heather Nelson said...

Jo! I love your new post! :) Those toes are crazy but they will totally get the ladies when he's older. It'll be a cool thing to show :)

Allie said...

Joanna! I am so PROUD OD YOU for posting! I think that the webbed toes are cute by the way. You are right, it is something that he has that not many people will.

Kellie Knapp said...

Ok those little webbed toes are the cutest!!! LOVE THEM! I'm SO thrilled that you blogged!!! WOO HOOOO!! Do we have no name for baby peanut???

Kemp Kuties said...

Twin toes. How funny! Gage actually has quadruplet toes :)

THE KING's KING said...

My 4 year old has webbed toes just like that and recently he has states that they are weird. I know he wears flip flops alot to school and Im sure a kid said something about it even though he said they didn't. I had him count his toes and then count mine and they were the same but he just feels its weird. Not sure what to do, I dont want him to have a complex
His middle name is Ashton also, after Kutcher...I just read that thing how A.Kutcher has the toes also...nice blog

Unknown said...

I have these toes, and never thought a thing of them--my dad had them. My little daughter (6) has them from me. They are cute, and I'm a long distance runner (won awards in Army races) and they are no problem. Kids will always find something, anything, to tease each other about. Might as well be cute and funny toes!

Your family is an awfully cute bunch!

Destiny said...

I have this condition too and hate my feet I never liked them. I know it's unique but still don't like it.